Thursday 15 December 2016

Rings With Stories

There is a story behind every picture. There is a story behind every event. And there is a story behind every I am my beloved ring.
I am my beloved ring
One such story is the story of Becky’s engagement ring. Becky always loved the bible. But she didn’t know why. She grew up in a non-religious environment, but deep down she had a passion for religion. When she was young, she loved to read stories about Jerusalem, and was enthralled at how such a tiny piece of land could be so fought over. It had been captured and recaptured dozens of times throughout history. She felt attached to the land, even though she had never been there and didn’t know anybody who had.
When Becky grew older, she knew she just had to visit Israel. She saved up for a plane ticket and before long, she was on her way. She toured the land as if her life depended on it. Her favorite part was the archeological digs and excavations. She loved the richness of the land and the deep-rooted historical messages.
During her stay, she met a young man named David, and before long, they decided to become engaged. David shared Becky’s love for the land, and the deep connection to the bible. They decided to settle in Israel when they would begin their new lives together. Becky planned to go back home to say goodbye to her family, then fly back to Israel for her wedding, and then settle there.
As David was saying goodbye, he asked, “Becky, how do you feel about Jewish engagement rings?”Becky blinked a few times, unsure she had heard correctly. “But I’m not even Jewish!” she responded. “Yes, I know”, said David, “but Jewish engagement rings are all about verses from the bible. There are phrases full of deep meaning, the kind of the thing you love, Becky, and you can have that on your engagement ring.”
Wow. Becky had not known that. But she loved the idea. “As soon as you come back, before we announce our engagement officially, we can take a look at some Jewish engagement rings right here in Jerusalem”, said David. “I think you might go for the I am my beloved ring. It’s right up your alley.”
And boy, was he right. Upon Becky’s return, she set about the business of choosing her I am my beloved ring. There were many Jewish engagement rings to choose from, but it was the message of the I am my beloved ring that really spoke to her. The bible, the Land of Israel, how David shared her passion for it all, all wrapped up in one I am my beloved ring – it was too good to be true. But true it was.
David and Becky held their wedding in the heart of Jerusalem. There was a meager crowd in attendance, but the love they shared was abundant. And the message of the I am my beloved ring spread its glory wherever it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment